I made this potato donut on NCC's Donut Week, but I didn’t have a blog & self esteem to show it back there...
But, to celebrate this year world bread day ... I'll show it to you....
With the same dough I made a fried bread with beef filling also ...
Recipe for NCC's Potato Donut: By Fatmah Bahalwan
500 gr of High Protein flour
50 gr of milk powder
11 gr of yeast
200 gr of mashed potatoes
100 gr of sugar
75 gr of margarine
1/2 tea spoon of salt
4 egg yolks
100 cc of water in room temperature
- In a bowl mix in flour, sugar, milk powder & yeast. Add the potatoes, egg & water, mix well until the dough is not stick in your hand. Sprinkle some additional flour if necessary.
- Add margarine & salt.
- Knead briefly with your hands until the dough becomes soft, smooth & elastic in texture.
- Rest the dough for 15 minutes
- Make small balls of 50 gr. Rest for another 20 minutes
- Make a hole in the middle of the small balls
- Deep fried in vegetable shortening till golden brown.
- Sprinkle with refine sugar or cinnamon.
So... That's my bread .... my first ... - I hope -