Saturday, October 17, 2009

The World Bread Day - yesterday-

I'd just find out today, that 16th of October is the world bread day..... As far as I remember, I never bake bread ... but I make a donut once, I guest it is fried bread don't you thing??

I made this potato donut on NCC's Donut Week, but I didn’t have a blog & self esteem to show it back there...

But, to celebrate this year world bread day ... I'll show it to you....


With the same dough I made a fried bread with beef filling also ...


Recipe for NCC's Potato Donut: By Fatmah Bahalwan

500 gr of High Protein flour
50 gr of milk powder
11 gr of yeast
200 gr of mashed potatoes
100 gr of sugar
75 gr of margarine
1/2 tea spoon of salt
4 egg yolks
100 cc of water in room temperature

Direction:
  • In a bowl mix in flour, sugar, milk powder & yeast. Add the potatoes, egg & water, mix well until the dough is not stick in your hand. Sprinkle some additional flour if necessary.
  • Add margarine & salt.
  • Knead briefly with your hands until the dough becomes soft, smooth & elastic in texture.
  • Rest the dough for 15 minutes
  • Make small balls of 50 gr. Rest for another 20 minutes
  • Make a hole in the middle of the small balls
  • Deep fried in vegetable shortening till golden brown.
  • Sprinkle with refine sugar or cinnamon.

So... That's my bread .... my first ... - I hope -

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails