Saturday, November 28, 2009

Oatmeal Muffins

I have to admit that, I've been crazy for muffin lately .... so easy yet so delicious ... just 1 2 3 than voila .... breakfast ready!!!


This is the healthy muffin, I got the recipe from one of the NCC's member Mbak Vania .... she got the recipe from the book Muffin Mania.....

Source: Muffin Mania by Cathy Prange & Joan Pauli.

1 cup oatmeal
1 cup boiling water
Mix and let stand for 20 minutes.

1 1/2 cup brown sugar or less *
1/2 cup butter or margaring
2 eggs well beaten
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup dates cut fine or 1 cup raisins**

Cream sugar and butter.
Add eggs and beat.
Add the dates to the dry ingredients and add.
Add vanilla
Stir in oatmeal mixture gently
Bake 375 F for 20-25 minutes.

* I use 1 cup of palm sugar
** I use Chocolate chip

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails