I was browsing around for muffin recipe when I found the Filipino Butter Cake recipe. I saw the recipe on aunty Yochana’s blog & amazed by the texture of the cake shown on the picture …. I was thinking, this cake must be so moist … so I decided to give it a shot …
Coz I didn’t like plain vanilla cake, I added a pandan pasta & small cubed cheddar cheese, chocochip & Chocochip for topping. I also modified the recipe a little bit coz I didn’t have some ingredient, the measurement is too exact for me, & the method is the way I make a butter cake ….
This is the real recipe: Aunty Yochana's Filiphino Butter Cake
This is my modification:
260 gram. Cake flour
8 gram. Baking Powder (double acting)
140 gram Margarine
225 gram Sugar
140 gram Eggs
150 cc evaporated milk
50 cc water
2 drop of pandan pasta
100 gram cheddar cheese, cut into small cube
50 gram chocochip for the batter
10 gram chocochip for the topping
(1) Sift flour and baking powder together. Set aside.
(2) Cream margarine & sugar and milk powder together until creamy and fluffy
(2) Add eggs in 3 stages by turns with a table spoon of flour each time and continue creaming after each addition.
(3) Pour all the flour, continue mixing.
(4) Pour the water & milk in 3 stages. Continue mixing
(5) Add in the cubed cheese & chocochip, mix with a spatula
(6) Pour batter into loaf pan, sprinkle with grated cheddar cheese
(7) Bake at 180C for about 50 mins. or till cooked.
(8) Test cake with a skewer and if if it comes out dry, it's done.
(6) Cool on cooling rack and slice when completely cooled.
As expected the cake is delicious & moist …. I love it so much ……
& really, I don't bother the crack ....