Sunday, November 8, 2009

Pandan Cheese Butter Cake

I was browsing around for muffin recipe when I found the Filipino Butter Cake recipe. I saw the recipe on aunty Yochana’s blog & amazed by the texture of the cake shown on the picture …. I was thinking, this cake must be so moist … so I decided to give it a shot …


Coz I didn’t like plain vanilla cake, I added a pandan pasta & small cubed cheddar cheese, chocochip & Chocochip for topping. I also modified the recipe a little bit coz I didn’t have some ingredient, the measurement is too exact for me, & the method is the way I make a butter cake ….

This is the real recipe: Aunty Yochana's Filiphino Butter Cake

This is my modification:
260 gram. Cake flour
8 gram. Baking Powder (double acting)
140 gram Margarine
225 gram Sugar
140 gram Eggs
150 cc evaporated milk
50 cc water
2 drop of pandan pasta
100 gram cheddar cheese, cut into small cube
50 gram chocochip for the batter
10 gram chocochip for the topping

Method:

(1) Sift flour and baking powder together. Set aside.
(2) Cream margarine & sugar and milk powder together until creamy and fluffy
(2) Add eggs in 3 stages by turns with a table spoon of flour each time and continue creaming after each addition.
(3) Pour all the flour, continue mixing.
(4) Pour the water & milk in 3 stages. Continue mixing
(5) Add in the cubed cheese & chocochip, mix with a spatula
(6) Pour batter into loaf pan, sprinkle with grated cheddar cheese
(7) Bake at 180C for about 50 mins. or till cooked.
(8) Test cake with a skewer and if if it comes out dry, it's done.
(6) Cool on cooling rack and slice when completely cooled.

As expected the cake is delicious & moist …. I love it so much ……
& really, I don't bother the crack ....

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails